Friday, August 25, 2006

--- sf ... again ... ---
so i'm here. Hate to BORE you, but it's SAN FRAN Again. I did miraculously wake up at 6am on Monday morning in Ocean Beach, San Diego and manage to drag myself and my backpack out and to the GREYHOUND bus. [it is wronger than it sounds]

The devil of a sun was BLINDING and made for a sweating ride up California. I endured just. Arrived in good time to marvel at the BAY BRIDGE and get FREE PESTO SUPPER at the hostel. [ooo we love this business of free suppers three nights a week. Yep, you unbelievers. TEX MEXT on Wednesday, a refried bean and taco, guac, tomato stylely. Another beauty are the BAGEL breakfasts. ]

I did get a fabulous OLD DUCK called Florence sat next to me [despite the many open seats available]. She leaned and nudged and was a great, energetic conversationalist. We endured a thorough IMMIGRATION control inspection, and shot the breeze until LONG BEACH.

Anyway. i'm generally buying bits for the IMPENDING Burning Man desert thing and hoping.

Also

Had a too good trip to the CREMATORIUM where the caretaker part of the furniture geyser says [balancing on his ladder plank station] : it's for the living. I like to call these spaces not 'niches'. Don't like that word. I call them 'apartments. And you see the bigger ones? I call them condos.'

---- coming soon to a screen by me... ---

So tomorrow Lizzie arrives from london on Friday afternoon. We talk a lot of nonsense all weekend and then leave for the BM on Monday in the wee hours. \\overandout

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home